Murdale Baptist Church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, Illinois Baptist State Association and the local Nine Mile Baptist Association.
In 1956, Murdale Baptist Church was officially organized as a church with 19 charter members. In July of 1958 the first building was constructed on Streigel Road. Since those humble beginnings, Murdale began to experience growth that required relocating to the current location off of Clinic Drive where we have experienced four additional construction projects.
Because growth exceeded building auditorium capacity, Murdale offers two worship services on Sunday mornings; 8:15am & 10:45am.
God is not done with us yet! Murdale continues to grow and we invite YOU to come and grow in Christ with us.
- the Bible
- that there is ONE God, manifest in Three Persons: The Father, Son, and the
- that Jesus is the Son of God, born of a virgin, wholly God and wholly man. He
lived a sinless life, died as a subsitutionary for our sins. He was buried,
resurrected from the grave, and ascended to heaven.
- in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
- that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)
- that salvation is a free gift from God, given through repentance and faith in
- that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus
- that baptism is in obedience to the command of Christ by immersion - after
- that the church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ
as the head.
- that every believer has direct access to God through Jesus.